Friday 26 December 2008

Trying to look like I don't try...


Some bohemian has just released me from the duty of writing a 'cheery' Christmas post this year
Entertain yourself with these pics instead.






























*****************************************************************************************
26th December 2008
3:48am
yaaaaaaaawn!!
FINE! I'LL WRITE ABOUT IT!



Here lies me moms recyclable crib.
This year Baby Jesus had pear wrappings (stolen from Reliance Fresh) as swaddling cloth and a jute 'Sutradhar' rip-off as a manger. Joseph had a nail up his backside. The cows and donkeys died of pink grass disease. And there was a particularly lonely Shepard wondering how a larger-than-life pine cone had managed to descend onto newspaper snow.
The kings brought their gifts despite the non-twinkling of stars. That's the only good part really.
Refer to facebook and poetbay for thank yous...kings are hi-tech! what to do!
I guess at the end of the day, 'Merry Christmas' is not about the Claused out movies, rum filled cakes, the arty-farty cribs, the family meals or the Comm street nightlife.
And 'Messy Cwistmas' can't be blamed on ditching brothers, Blummerfubbers, Vomiting mothers, defrosted meatballs or plain ol toggle buttons.

*************************************************************************************

And then there was the complete lack of chocolate that no amount of Brothers Bakery Plum cake can make up for. Btw, that cake has conveniently disappeared from moms highly guarded treasure chest...any takers?
**************************************************************************************

I am a summer baby and can't bear the depressing greyness that winter brings.
"Whitefield girl
She's been living in a slush filled world
Moving through the cattle village
And she sleeps and she bunks all her classes"
-Ishkom







Of course this year there was quite a bit of brown in slushfield. Appreciate the colour change! Still wishing for snow...






Bridge over troubled (ditch) water












A Korean Christmas. Sketchpens were one of the few things that cheered me up this month. I made my own set of cards. Lyrical and non-commercial.






*****************************************************************************************
My christmas song :)
Ppl think I'm weird cos I draw stick figures and insist on colouring up little bits of paper...not even chit paper...well, I admit I've been acting a little worse than schizophrenic this month...Abnormal Ashwini has been throwing disorders around....bipolar? Manic depression? Insomnia?
I can't explain it, why should u try?

Sings to herself:
Charades, pop skill
Water hyacinth, named by a poet.
Imitation of life
Like a koi in a frozen pond
Like a goldfish in a bowl
I don't want to hear you cry

That's sugarcane that tasted good
That's cinnamon that's Hollywood
Cmon cmon no one can see you try

You want the greatest thing
The greatest thing since bread came sliced.
You've got it all, you've got it sized.
Like a Friday fashion show teenager
Freezing in the corner
Trying to look like you don't try

That's sugarcane that tasted good.
That's cinnamon that's hollywood
Cmon cmon no one can see you try

No one can see you cry

That's sugarcane that tasted good
That's freezing rain that's what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry

This sugarcane
This lemonade
This hurricane, I'm not afraid.
Cmon cmon no one can see me cry
This lightning storm
This tidal wave
This avalanche, I'm not afraid.
Cmon cmon no one can see me cry

That's sugarcane that tasted good
That's who you are, that's what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry

That's sugarcane that tasted good
That's who you are, that's what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry

****************************************************************************************

Ok, since I'm writing this, I might as well go on a Mexican Whine...
Blummerflubbers!!
....a little ELT later....
Morphemes:
Blum= Happiness
Blummer= person who makes one happy
Fubber=um well....I think I shortened it to blumfubber in the end....person who takes away happy ppl by not turning up and/or not allowing other ppl to turn up for special occasions which involve a LOT of planning.
Alternate meaning- Muse, person who happens to inspire some rotten rants and nuwards and 3-in-1 thingies.
^ ^ooh and notice...the wine bottle from last year....and foreground the sauce from this years Yoko-Uno lunch :P
*****************************************************
Christmas felt more like Easter. I was on a confession overdrive! ha ha! Gtalk knows best.
Online ecards...fake, fake, fake it all!
'Music is the only thing makes sense anymore'.....Across the Universe
So I found a little respite from it all.
The Beatles-Radiohead remix.
The Beatles-Killers remix
Oasis, more oasis! :)
Coldplay-gujju gourmet remix :P
Dylan rants that really did no credit to his name.
Elmo's terrible Silent tritet versions of 'The 12 days of Christmas'
Beanie Buddies!
Musucker Cookies
Guitar guys! ah! guitar guys :) even air guitar guys :D
*****************************************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. "Joseph had a nail up his backside." Instant good mood. And put me down for the fabled BB plum cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P ha! u save me the trouble of formatting it too!
    And Blummerflubbers can't be Plummerhoggers! new cwismass rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuards part two. Damn, where's that tissue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incidentally, "Joseph had a nail up his backside" was my favourite line too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha! I think I may have scrambles of it in my keepsake box! We need a blog exclusively for Nuards..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol we do! Lets! I will do some searchings... I think I wrote them all down in diary, wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're my sunshine.. you're my rain drawing!! i lou it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sure christmas season was more like an easter..!! Confessions that was heard finally...:)..
    I'm sure u know what I mean..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hearing me out Am :)

    @MM-Did you notice, I keep changing the spelling of 'Nuards' with every comment!! *continues frantic search for tissue paper dictionaries*

    @Naik, ha ha, u've got Grafitti, I got sketchpens...'Blank sheets' is all we need ;)

    ReplyDelete