Wednesday 17 March 2010

Hi Mama,

All I do at home is sleep and eat, I don't get to tell you what's on
my mind. So I'm going to type out some things I think you should know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm quitting my job with IBM. I always knew this would be a small
chapter in my life. The fact that it lasted for 9 months just shows
how lazy I am.

The interview at the travel place went really well. I liked the people
and the kind of work they do. I know the offer letter doesn't sound
great to you. But something tells me I'd be a fool to let it go. I
love writing and I am good at it and I'd be happier if I was doing
something I enjoyed.

I thought long and hard.
Option 1: stick with IBM. get zero job satisfaction. become a regular
in 3 months. Eventually, change to a different department. Earn more.

Option 2: Quit. Join 'Enchanting India'. Be a content writer for a
travel agency. become a regular in 3 months. Earn more.

As far as I can see, it's not about the money. It has more to do with
the kind of work I'd be doing, the working hours and the way I'd be
traveling.

'Normal working hours' trumps 'No free transport'!

Plus, being a writer is just so much more ME!

You could say it was a 'To-Thine-Own-Self-Be-True' sort of choice.

I took this decision all by myself and I'm happy about it.

I'm submitting my time sheet on the 23rd.
So, I'll get paid for March.
I start work at the new place on the 24th.

Of course, it's not going to be easy. I have to change my eating and
sleeping habits. It's going to be quite an adjustment for both of us.
Here's hoping it'll all be worth it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing I want to discuss was the money thing. I've never been
good at saving or sharing it.
I turn 22 this April. It's about time I set a few ground rules. So
starting next month, I'll write you a check of Rs 3,000.00 every
month. It's not much but it's a start.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I guess that's about it.
Feel free to write back and tell me what you think.

Good night Mama, I Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment