Wednesday 25 March 2009

Of Love, Hope and Wonder


Puddled Musings

In a puddle I ponder

Of love, hope and wonder



If I could wash away my innocence

In muddy puddles of rain

Would it make me any more insane?


If I could drink an ounce of joy

And love that tramp for who he is

Would I know all the answers to the next quiz?


If I could cheat the wealth of an obstinate fool

After counting each blessed sin

Would I be allowed to evil grin?


If I could measure darkness

Of an empty room

Would hearts be filled with that much gloom?


If I could confide in a summer ray

And anchor hope on bashful pride

Would you bother to choose a side?


If I could thread sparked thought on a spindle

And weave enough to make a skirt

Would I still be dreaming here on earth?



No comments:

Post a Comment