Sunday 19 October 2008

Twenteenager!

The need to be needed
the feeling of being twenty and never been kissed
a live oasis song

I sometimes get this feeling that no matter how old I get, I'll always be a teen inside...confused, inconclusive, indecisive, erratic, carefree, careless...
I'm waiting for a time when the only thing that can possibly change about me is my hairstyle...how much longer will this chameleon-ing continue!?
I'm fed up! I no wanna grow up anymore!

TWENTEENAGER
That's what I called myself
It's not exactly smt to be proud of...to have a teen mind trapped in a 20 yr old body.
All the qualities of those excusable 'growing up' years wrapped up with a little added conscience that pops in every few days.
Maybe I refuse to grow up because that's exactly what will happen...I will have to be accountable for everything I do. My behaviour will be inexcusable. I can't get away with anything!
Being young is like being drunk...anything is excusable cos u're in that state, in that stage.
It's not that I miss being an adolescent. I just miss being able to get away with stuff that was allowed cos I was, after all, 'just a child'.

No comments:

Post a Comment